Controlling FrameMaker automatic link generation

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Apr 2 12:47:10 PDT 2015

Hi Dan,

Actually, FrameMaker has nothing to do with the conversion of URLs to links;
it is done by Acrobat. It can be disabled in Acrobat's Preferences dialog
box under the General pane (uncheck Create links from URLs). The best
approach is to add Hypertext markers and character formatting to the URLs in
FrameMaker. This gives you control over what becomes a link, etc.

If you are interested in automating this, please contact me offlist. It can
be done with either ExtendScript (FrameMaker 10 and above) or FrameScript.
If you can provide a decent sample document, I may be able to do this as
part of my upcoming FrameMaker ExtendScript webinar. Thanks.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.

585-366-4017