FM7 and Zapf Dingbats

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:07:06 PDT 2015

If I recall correctly (and it has been quite a few years since I last
used FM7), I believe that FM7 was the last version that did not support
Unicode and therefore required you to use decimal character numbers
rather than the hex codes that Unicode uses. But either way, it is 100%
correct that you cannot just paste special characters into the Autonumber dialog
 because most FrameMaker dialogs only accept characters that can be
typed directly on a standard keyboard. Anything else requires the use of a multi-key sequence that is "escaped" with an initial backslash.

-Fred Ridder