Limit Find/Change

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Thu Apr 23 12:04:22 PDT 2015

I don't believe anybody has proposed doing this with the Paragraph
Designer. Here's how I usually globally change paragraph formats:

- Park cursor on a "Body" paragraph.
- In the Paragraph Designer, key in (type, do _not_ select from the
drop-down) "Body Text"
- Click "Update All"

FrameMaker prompts "Do you want to change all "Body" formats to "Body
Text"? Yes, you do.

You may need to find an "original" Body Text element, park your cursor
there, and do an "Update All" to sync the formatting properties between
"Old" and "New" Body Text paragraphs.

This procedure is from memory (I'm not sitting at FrameMaker to confirm
it), but it should give you or others enough detail to try the approach.

-Alan
---

Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.
Consultant and Trainer, Technical Publishing
arh on Twitter
412-450-0532