Adobe SourceSans Han // Google NotoSansCJK font -- FM does not print to PDF -- Bug?

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Wed Feb 18 05:53:53 PST 2015

Hello dear Hiro,

thank you for testing this...

The strange thing on my computer (german Win 7) is that some characters
are visible.
I took only these and copied them until a whole page was filled -- this
printed fine in the PDF. Other characters would still disappear.
Klicking on "RGB" did not change this.

I read that some Windows security patches from Microsoft sometimes have
influences on the font display.
The last patch with this side effect was KB2982791 dating from August
'14.

Maybe it is not only related to FrameMaker (I tested it in version 8 and
12), but also to Windows. I do not know why it works well in Indesign,
though.
Maybe the OTF-compatibility of FrameMaker is not well enough for a font
with 2^16=65535 characters.

So, I will see if FM 13 can do better.

Best regards - Tino H. Haida, Berlin

OISHIHIROFUMI: