importing graphics in xml file

Fred Wersan fwersan at mak.com
Thu Feb 19 10:48:57 PST 2015

I am importing xml files into structured framemaker 8 and these files
reference graphics using the following syntax:

<yfigure file = "../somefile.png" impsize = "3.183in 1.1in" impby =
"ref" sideways = "0" impang = "0.000" xoffset = "0.080in" yoffset =
"0.0in" position = "runin" align = "aright"    cropped = "0" float = "0"
width = "3.25in" height = "3.1in" angle = "0.000" bloffset = "0.000in"
nsoffset = "0.000in"/>

I think I got this syntax by exporting a file and seeing what framemaker
created.

I am using an automated process to create the xml files that assumes all
the referenced graphics files are the same size. However, it turns out
that they really aren't. The result is that graphics files that don't
fit impsize = "3.183in 3.1in" get distorted.

What I would really like is to just say - import this file at such and
such a resolution and let it size automatically.

Does anyone know if there is a different syntax that can specify the
resolution instead of the dimensions of the imported graphic?

Fred

--
Fred Wersan
VT MAK, Principal Technical Writer
857-209-3469 fwersan at mak.com

Where Live, Virtual, and Constructive Simulation Meets the Web
www.mak.com/weblvc