importing graphics in xml file

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Thu Feb 19 11:32:38 PST 2015

Hi Fred,

there is a dpi option.

Example:

dpi="300"

(height and width are used to specify the frame that contains the
graphics in FM.)

The structured application developers guide says:

"dpi corresponds to the dpi property and indicates how to scale an
imported graphic object. The software ignores this attribute if it finds
a value for the impsize attribute. It produces only one of the
attributes--dpi or impsize. The value of the dpi attribute is a number.
If not supplied, the value is 72."

Best regards -

Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Fred Wersan:

> Looks like it imports it at 72 dpi. I want 150 dpi for some graphics, higher for others.
>
> Fred
> On 2/19/2015 1:55 PM, Rick Quatro wrote:
>
>> Hi Fred, What happens if you don't include the width and height attributes? Rick Rick Quatro Carmen Publishing Inc. 585-366-4017 rick at frameexpert.com -----Original Message----- From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com [mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Fred Wersan Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:49 PM To: framers at lists.frameusers.com Subject: importing graphics in xml file I am importing xml files into structured framemaker 8 and these files reference graphics using the following syntax: <yfigure file = "../somefile.png" impsize = "3.183in 1.1in" impby = "ref" sideways = "0" impang = "0.000" xoffset = "0.080in" yoffset = "0.0in" position = "runin" align = "aright" cropped = "0" float = "0" width = "3.25in" height = "3.1in" angle = "0.000" bloffset = "0.000in" nsoffset = "0.000in"/> I think I got this syntax by exporting a file and seeing what framemaker created. I am using an automated process to create the xml files that assumes all the refer
 enced
graphics files are the same size. However, it turns out that they really aren't. The result is that graphics files that don't fit impsize = "3.183in 3.1in" get distorted. What I would really like is to just say - import this file at such and such a resolution and let it size automatically. Does anyone know if there is a different syntax that can specify the resolution instead of the dimensions of the imported graphic? Fred -- Fred Wersan VT MAK, Principal Technical Writer 150 Cambridge Park Drive, 3rd Floor, Cambridge, MA 02140 857-209-3469 fwersan at mak.com Where Live, Virtual, and Constructive Simulation Meets the Web www.mak.com/weblvc [1] _______________________________________________ You are currently subscribed to framers as rick at rickquatro.com. Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com. To unsubscribe send a blank email to framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com or visit http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/rick%40rickquatro.com [2] Send adminis
 trative
questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit http://www.frameusers.com/ [3] for more resources and info.

> --
> Fred Wersan
> VT MAK, Principal Technical Writer
> 150 Cambridge Park Drive, 3rd Floor, Cambridge, MA 02140
> 857-209-3469 fwersan at mak.com
>
> Where Live, Virtual, and Constructive Simulation Meets the Web
> www.mak.com/weblvc [1]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.mak.com/weblvc