FM10 - Changing licensed machines

Ken Poshedly poshedly at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 12 07:46:14 PST 2015

As stated in a hugely long e-mail thread started by me, my frustrating personal experience the week after Christmas was to install Adobe Acrobat first, THEN install FM -- avoiding the PDF Creator thing (as stated above in this e-mail thread).

-- Ken in Atlanta

On Monday, January 12, 2015 9:25 AM, "tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com" <tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com> wrote:

>One more thing. You should be aware that
with the latest version of Adobe Reader (v 11), users will not be able
to activate any multimedia content in your pdf docs (if present). Adobe
has removed Flash Player from Reader, which requires users to have the
full versions of Adobe Flash Player and the Flash plug-in (even if the
MM files are not SWF or FLV).

>I spent months trying to figure out
why videos would not play. Thanks to Frammer Shlomo Perets, the problem
was solved when these programs are loaded. You can find them at: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/flash-player-needed-acrobat-reader.html

>Tom Beiswenger
>Manager, Technical & Training Documentation, Project Manager - Inspection
Business

 Jeff Coatsworth <Jeff.Coatsworth at jonasclub.com>
 "framers at lists.frameusers.com"
<framers at lists.frameusers.com>
>Date:
 01/12/2015 08:55 AM
   RE: FM10 - Changing
licensed machines
   framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com

>You should be able to download
the FM10 installer from the Adobe Licensing site; but be sure to deactivate
FM on your old machine before installing on the new machine. With separate
copies of FM and Acrobat, you should tweak the FM install to skip the add-on
PDF Creator (that’s the headless one that ships with FM), then load the
full Acrobat.