FrameMaker on MacOS Retina display?

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Mon Jan 19 09:21:02 PST 2015

The native resolution of my 15-inch Retina MacBook's screen is
2880x1800, which is about 220 ppi. If I switch it to that mode,
everything is unreadable and lots of UI elements are too small to
click accurately. This mode is occasionally useful for editing large
graphics.

The default mode is 1440x900 HiDPI, which is 2880x1800 but each UI
element uses four times as many pixels for smoother fonts etc.

The OS X UI provides only vague and coarse settings for this stuff.
SwitchResX is essential if you want fine control.