Long change bars are created when a table is in between 2

De Rosier, Edward Edward.DeRosier at anritsu.com
Tue Jan 20 10:46:21 PST 2015

Hi Simon,

You could also use the Character Designer to apply change bars so that the table marker will not be included.

You can use a mouse in the Character Designer dialog box, or use the keyboard.
The key sequence for those change bars is Format > Style > Change Bar, which can by keyed on a Windows PC by:

[Alt][o] [y] [c]

This does not mean the behavior was not a bug, but it is a relatively easy workaround.

As an aside, I sometimes want to have a change bar that includes an intermediate table.  FM 9 does not do this the way your version behaves.  If I highlight a long sequence of paragraphs, and use the Paragraph Designer to apply a change bar, the tables are skipped.  If I use the Character Designer to apply the change bar, then the tables are included.

Best Wishes,

Ed DeRosier
Technical Writer
Anritsu Company