Cannot import graphics

Stamm, David David.Stamm at gd-ms.com
Thu Jan 22 08:14:49 PST 2015

2015-01-22-04T16:15Z

Windows 7 Enterprise operating system
Serviced pack 1
8.0 GB RAM
64-bit
FrameMaker 12.0.3.424
Local administrator privileges
Shortcut to FrameMaker encoded to run as administrator

I cannot import graphics - by either reference or by copying - either into a table or not into a table - from either C:\ or from a network drive.  The anchor for the imported file appears, but the graphic does not.  I discovered this in a production file.  The file is locked up so hard that I have to use Task Manager to force out.  I have replicated this numerous times in both the production file and in new files freshly made from templates.

I _can_ import files as text insets without problem, but _once_, I deleted the text inset, and the file locked up as it has with graphics.

Conversely, if I use Windows Explorer to copy the graphic file or the text inset file and then paste it into the FrameMaker file, both the anchor and the graphic or the icon for the .fm file appear.

A fellow employee running version 12.0.2.389 had no problem importing a graphic from a network drive via VPN.

I've already reported this to the corporate service desk, but I've noticed no mentions on this list of such problems.

¿Any thoughts?

Dave Stamm