Scrolling pages issue

Harding, Dan dharding at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 26 04:55:27 PST 2015

Au contraire. I don't believe the performance issues have anything to with either the JPEG image format or color rendering.

I've been suffering with the same symptoms for eons and the only image formats I am linking to are either grayscale PDFs or grayscale TIFFs. If possible, we avoid using the JPEG format entirely for print production.

I have tried LZW vs. non-LZW compression on TIFF images, but that does not appear to have an impact.

One thing I have not done is to test whether embedding vs. linking improves the page-to-page rendering performance. Of course, embedding all images is NOT a viable solution.

-Dan