FM Crashes after generating html Update

Cathy Giddens Cathy.Giddens at qv.co.nz
Tue Jan 27 12:59:09 PST 2015

Thank you for the helpful replies.
I opted for the simplest solution first and built a fresh book from scratch, using the book and chapter template files supplied as part of the install. It generated fine, over the remote connection, with no crash. It also effortlessly produced the 'go to main, go to previous, go to next' statements I'd tried previously. I copied these BookHTML macro statements into the first file reference pages of the problematic book file - I'd previously had a play with these but deleted them. The fresh version has fixed the crash, so far. And given me the 'go to main' etc links at the bottom of my html. A bonus.

I think my files need a complete cleanout - I've essentially been using the same set of files year after year for (ahem) 18 years, albeit with tidy-ups and mif washes along the way. Swapping from paper and pdf publishing to html has exposed a few idiosyncrasies and frailties. Time for a fresh build. I've avoided it as I use Patternstream to generate the most important chapters.
Thank you again

Cathy Giddens
Quantity Surveyor