shortcuts not working RE: FM12 Transparent Graphics PLUS New Question

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 13:17:56 PDT 2015

I really think this is a result of the way the pods work. This can result in mistaking where your active cursor is.

I have never seen the shrink-wrap shortcut ignored in FM 10, 11 or 12 (and I use that function a lot). But such shortcuts won't work if you're cursor is sitting in a pod or if your caps lock key is on. Not time this happens, check to make sure where you selection is. (One assumes either the frame or any graphic element within the frame is selected when using the shortcut, but double check that.)

The pods take some getting used to, but you can set them up in saveable ways that suit you and pop them open and closed easily from their docked positions so they take up little screen real estate. And knowing whether you are in them or not is predictable as well.

BTW: I've been working a lot in FM8 for the last 6 weeks and the way book files are handled (and the constraint of having files all having to live together within one window on one screen) is driving me batty. This is much better handled in modern FrameMaker versions like FM12.

Craig