FrameMaker 9 "Internal error 9004" issue

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Jun 12 15:17:14 PDT 2015

True. Not officially supported, but I also have run every version of FrameMaker from 7.2 onwards in 64-bit Windows (various) without any problems - particularly this error reported by Frank.

Of course, FM 9 was not as stable as FM 8 (older) or FM 11 (later) versions. FM 9 did crash on me on a few occasions, but didn't require a re-installation, or stay broken for long. Usually it was some file corruption issue that a MIF save-read typically fixed.