FrameMaker 9 "Internal error 9004" issue

Frank Ripp fripp at pacificbiosciences.com
Mon Jun 15 09:47:35 PDT 2015

Hi Framers,

Based on your feedback, I tried the following:

1)      Setting the compatibility mode to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", "Vista (Service Pack 2)", and even "Windows 7".

2)      Opening Frame as an Administrator.

Neither of these made a difference.
I noticed that my problem started several days after a series of IT-pushed system updates. (Frame 9 was running fine on Windows 7 for quite a while before that.)

Fred Ridder said "FWIW, Frame 9.0 is six and a half years old and as of this week is now four versions behind the current release. Adobe's usual policy is to provide support for no more than two previous versions plus the current release. I suspect you may need to bite the bullet and upgrade."

Maybe it is time - if I upgrade, should it be to Frame 12 or "Frame 2015"?

Thanks, Frank