Importing clear, sharp images

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:54:31 PDT 2015

If you use the screen resolution, they're all going to look like the dog
was sick. John's recommendation for 160 DPI is about the minimum. If you're
going to print, or expect your users to print PDFs, I'd go 240 or 300 DPI.

You can always downsample; going up is more problematic.

If you're using Photoshop, which I think you are given your reference to
PSDs, set up an action to resize (if needed using the Save For Web option).
Also, look at Dr. Brown's Image Processor Pro, which will save out to
multiple formats, sizes and resolutions with one click.

AND -- IMPORTANT -- make sure you turn off downsampling graphics when you
create PDFs, or you'll be looking at the same problem again -- grainy fuzzy
jpgs in the PDF.

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358

I support www.TheGrotonLine.com, hyperlocal news for Groton MA.