Importing clear, sharp images

Combs, Richard (CW) Richard.Combs at polycom.com
Thu Jun 18 15:47:04 PDT 2015

We’re talking about screen captures. Typical monitors display 96 pixels per inch, so you’re not “creating” something at 300 dpi. And you never want or need to downsample a screen capture.

I’ll repeat myself just one more time. Ignore “resolution.” Just look at the pixel dimensions of your screen capture. If it’s 1280 x 800 pixels, make sure it remains 1280 x 800 pixels. Period. Divide that 1280-pixel width by the width in inches that you want the graphic to take up in FM, and that’s the dpi you set at import.