Importing clear, sharp images

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Jun 19 08:15:40 PDT 2015

On 2015-Jun-18 6:47 PM, Combs, Richard (CW) wrote:

>  Typical monitors display 96 pixels per inch

Actually, that turns out not to be the case. If you measure the width
and height of your display and divide your screen resolution by those
numbers, you're more likely to get a number between 108 and 130 ppi.
(My laptop is around 112 and my desktop is around 123.)

The mythical 96 ppi figure originates in the font size setting used in
early Microsoft OSs, but even that wasn't related directly to display size.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/essentials/the-72-ppi-web-resolution-myth/

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator