FM12 questions

thomas.zeisig at xcerra.com thomas.zeisig at xcerra.com
Tue Jun 23 05:54:54 PDT 2015

Hi Ken,
as far I could check the FM12  packager does not extract referenced
graphics files to the zip file.
We use the  Squidds Finalyser plugin,  which gathers all book files,
graphics files, text-insets into a specified folder, rearranging all
references and links to the new folder stucture.
They have a 30 day trail version, here is the link:
http://www.squidds.de/files/techcomm/user_upload/software/20140701_3.0.0020.zip
. Perhaps you may give it a try.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best Regards

Thomas Zeisig

Thomas Zeisig
Teamleader Documentation & Graphics Services
XCerra Corporation

Phone: + 49 / 8031 / 406-181      Fax: + 49 / 8031 / 406-409
thomas.zeisig at Xcerra.com
Skype: mul-tzeisig

www.Xcerra.com
Multitest elektronische Systeme GmbH
Aeussere Oberaustrasse 4 | D-83026 Rosenheim, Germany
Geschaeftsfuehrer: David G. Tacelli
Registergericht Traunstein - HRB 12453

An:
Framers <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
Betreff:
FM12 questions
Questions for all you FrameMaker 12 users out there.

1. Is it true that Adobe has officially built (incorporated) into FM 12 a
stable, accurate book archiving feature (so well-done by the late Bruce
Foster through FM 8)?

2. If so, how well does it function? We at my company use FM 11 along with
the third-party book archiving script for FM9 and later made available
after Mr. Foster's passing, and have consistent problems with how this
script creates two copies of each FM chapter file (one in the main folder
and another in the book Insets folder) with almost all external
(chapter-to-chapter) x-refs broken so that pdf files generated from books
archived using this script also have broken external x-refs.

3. What is the upgrade price for we who use FM 11?

Thanks in advance,

-- Ken in Atlanta