User's manual vs. User manual

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 09:59:30 PDT 2015

>That's some of the most impressive pseudogerman I've ever seen. Kudos! :D

We are getting truly off topic, but my favorite German compound is 'Gemeinschaftsgefül' (if I have spelled it correctly). It's a real word, taken from Adlerian psychology, and is rather lovely. It means, as best I know, 'a spontaneous feeling of unity with the whole of Mankind'.

Which I get a bit of from this group.

To make this e-mail a bit more on-topic, in the UK at least I have never come across 'User's Manual', only 'User Manual' or 'User Guide'.

--
Steve