FrameMaker Bug: inability to add a table after a table footnote.

Roger Shuttleworth shuttie27 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 08:46:49 PDT 2015

This is yet one more reason always to work with text symbols switched on
(View > Text Symbols). As Rick says, a table footnote (or indeed a
regular footnote) is in its own separate flow, with an end-of-flow
symbol visible at the end of the footnote. You can create new paragraphs
within that footnote flow, since some footnotes require more than one
paragraph, but anything added before the end-of-flow symbol remains
within the footnote flow. You can format it however you like, but it is
still part of the footnote.

The fact that FM does not allow you to create a table within the
footnote flow is simply a design decision, not a bug, and makes perfect
sense to me.

What *really* annoys, though, is how FM handles long footnotes, often
pushing them to the next page. You can then end up with two footnotes on
a page, both labelled 1. Grrr.

Roger Shuttleworth