Simplifying a FM12 document

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed May 27 14:40:24 PDT 2015

On 2015-May-27 3:33 PM, tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com wrote:
> This could be very tedious, so I'm hoping that you all can help.
>
> Two issues:
>
> 1) I have a document that has a paragraph catalog that is far more
> extensive than I need (added to over the years and never cleaned up).
> I'd like to reduce it to a more manageable list.

One quick approach is to delete all the tags in the catalog and then use
File > Utilities > Create and Apply Formats to build a new catalog.
Note, though, that only tags actually in use will be created.  Details
at
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/10.0/Using/WS62FEAB1C-8463-4a5f-8DFA-8B103ED878B6.html#WS86FDA1E1-DF59-467c-90BF-FE108F96415E
under Rename or delete formats

HTH,