[Framers] Windows 10 "hijacked" my computer

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Apr 29 13:52:34 PDT 2016

For me, the Windows 10 upgrade process was a faulty ... after some time. Yeah, the "upgrade" happened at night without my realizing it was gonna happen ... very annoying.

But after the upgrade, and then about two or three weeks of no problems, my computer crashed hard and I had to re-install Windows 10 from scratch!

That was a royal pain, since the "free upgrade" does not have keys that can be used for a clean install.

Luckily, a tool called Belarc (free) had allowed me to record the Windows 10 keys (after the original upgrade) that allowed me to do a clean install from a downloaded version of the ISO image from Microsoft ... whew!

Now, things are very, very stable - indeed, much better and faster than Windows 7 frankly.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and have become very used to it. Some idiosyncracies, but very nice overall, actually.

Also, I have tested FrameMaker 8, and am currently using FrameMaker 12, without any problems whatsoever, so FrameMaker 2015 ought to be fine too (with Windows 10)!

Almost all my applications in Windows 7 have moved cleanly to Windows 10 without difficulty - including ones I used to run back in the Windows XP days.