[Framers] FrameMaker to CHM Problems

Amit Jha amitjha at adobe.com
Thu Aug 4 22:55:54 PDT 2016

Hi

Please see my response inline.

Thanks
Amit Jha

-----Original Message-----
From: Framers [mailto:framers-bounces+amitjha=adobe.com at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Shmuel Wolfson
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:52 PM
To: Framers <framers at lists.frameusers.com>; Techshoret <techshoret at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Framers] FrameMaker to CHM Problems

I need some help converting FrameMaker to CHM online help. I used to use Mif2Go, but I recently upgraded to FM 2015, and I'd prefer to use the built-in publish to CHM option. I've also seen discussions on the list as to whether Mif2Go works with FM 2015.

When I publish a book as CHM, I have the following problems:
1. When I double-click the CHM, the help window opens to a small size and it opens to the last page in the book.
2. The cover, which is in a separate FM chapter, is missing.

AJ: It should pick the first page in the book if it has some content, please contact tech support if it is not working for you.
<<<

3. In the CHM's TOC, the appendixes are inside the last chapter, meaning they are treated like Heading 2's.

AJ: If Book has TOC then FM generate TOC as per Book TOC.
<<<

4. Is there any way to change the font in the resulting CHM?

AJ: Yes, you can. You need to override the styles in output setting, please right click on 'Microsoft HTML Help' and choose edit and provide new CSS with different font in override style option, you can get the current output CSS either by decompiling CHM or you can generate Responsive HTML5 output to get the CSS inside book folder.
<<<

5. Can I use conditional text to hide something in the CHM?

AJ: Yes, you can, you can show/hide conditions by Applying the Conditional expression and then publish.
<<<

Does anyone know if they got Mif2Go to work with FM 2015?
Does anyone have a recommendation for someone we could pay to help me with this if I can't figure it all out myself.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Shmuel Wolfson