[Framers] concatenate a book folder's files without pagination ?

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 6 10:02:45 PDT 2016

Hello, Framers,

I’ve just begun exploring the folders and groups feature of unstructured FrameMaker 2015 (FrameMaker 13). This seems a great way to mimic a more structured, topic-based authoring implementation.

But... unsurprisingly, every file in the folder starts on a new page. This does make sense, but nevertheless I’m wishing that the topics would just flow together instead of having each topic start on a new page.

For output formats other than PDF, the File > Publish functions seem to let you customize the settings file for Topic Settings. I haven’t worked with them yet, but I’d guess that this lets the topics run together on a given HTML/etc. page. But there isn’t any comparable sort of setting for PDF output.

Is what I want possible (for PDF output), perhaps via some sort of scripting or 3rd-party plugin?

Thanks,
-Monique