[Framers] structured content - not always called for

Etzel, Gary gary.etzel at dnvgl.com
Thu Aug 11 13:33:59 PDT 2016

Well, what I was trying to say is that it's relatively easy to implement literal structured authoring in FrameMaker. Once you figure out the mechanics of writing an EDD, it's pretty easy to create a simple structure that formalizes the rules that you have already been applying mentally in the unstructured world, and that can make the authoring process a whole lot easier. The broader point I was commenting on is whether DITA has become so prevalent that people who do not know about structured authoring are starting to believe that implementing structured authoring is the same thing as implementing DITA, since the two terms are often used interchangeably.

I thought your presentation was good the way it was. I wasn't trying to imply that you should change anything.

Gary