[Framers] Can Frame 15 be used so I can eliminate ePublisher?

Fred Wersan fwersan at mak.com
Fri Aug 26 12:38:29 PDT 2016

A couple respondents to the migration question lamented the loss of the Frame 8 and earlier GUI, for example:

That said .. the jump from FM7.2 to FM13 will likely be far more
disconcerting than the features of your Help output. I miss the good old
days of pre-FM9. The nice clean UI without all of the pods. Oh well.
You're lucky to be moving straight to FM13 instead of some of the
interim releases .. much better!

Let me provide a different take on this. I switched from Frame 8 to 2015 last year. I too found the pods and all relatively annoying. However, I have come to really appreciate that many of the actions that used to use modal dialog boxes now are in non-modal windows. It means I can do a lot of things a lot quicker than I used to. As a structured frame user, I have found that I am using my homemade tools, which were much quicker to use than Frame 8's stuff, much less because Frame 15 makes it easier to manage elements and attributes. So a qualified thumbs up from me for Frame 2015. Now if they only had decent doc for extendscript....

Fred
--

*Fred Wersan* | Principal Technical Writer
*VT MÄK* | 150 Cambridge Park Drive, Third Floor, Cambridge, MA 02140