[Framers] change the font - for *lots* of para & char styles ?

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 09:56:59 PDT 2016

It's not so much that there are different sets of tags for different doc
types, but there are different templates for the frontmatter, index, ToC,
and "content" parts of the doc. And that's not a problem because I can
change the relevant ones in one template/.fm file and import them into the
others.

But an off-list reply seems to be the real answer: use the Font pod.

(I'd been overlooking this and using just the Char Designer and Table
Designer.) So now I can easily replace the heading/caption style fonts with
the new one, and leave the other ones alone. Happily, the body fonts have
long been serif, and the heading/caption ones are sans serif. So this Fonts
pod should do the trick.

There isn't really a mess to clean up; just a plethora of styles. My
personal style is to have many para styles, such as "bullet 1 first",
"bullet 1 multi-lines", "bullet 1 one-line". This is more complicated than
other writers generally want to work with, but I don't mind. And I like the
precision that I get from this to create polished PDFs. I know that most
docs don't use this, and when I'm not the lone writer, I don't either. But
when I'm the only person who will use the template, this is what I prefer to
do.

Thanks everyone,
I've learned several new things today, so my day is complete :-),
-Monique