[Framers] Find/change problems in large documents

Weckman Mari Mari.Weckman at almamedia.fi
Thu Jun 2 10:27:42 PDT 2016

Hi,

It is a single open file.

Mari Weckman

-----Original Message-----
From: Shmuel Wolfson [mailto:shmuelw1 at gmail.com]
Sent: 2. kesäkuuta 2016 12:12
To: Weckman Mari <Mari.Weckman at almamedia.fi>; Framers - frameusers.com <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: Re: [Framers] Find/change problems in large documents

When it says that nothing is found, is that in a single open file or in a book? I've found that there are times when I'm searching through a book and for some reason FrameMaker does not search though some of the chapters in the book. My theory is that when FrameMaker has a problem opening a file in the book, the search just skips it. This is a serious bug if you ask me. It would not be so serious if FrameMaker would say that some files were skipped, but I don't think this always happens.
(Perhaps in the newer version.) I often open all the files in the book before performing a search.

As far as it happening sometimes and not other times, it may be a RAM issue, which is affected by which other program you currently running and possibly even previously used programs since the computer was started. If you are working on the files that are on a server, FrameMaker may be skipping files that it can't access within a certain amount of time.

--
Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer