[Framers] FrameScript to purge catalogs?

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 6 17:06:42 PDT 2016

> If you want a clean template you have to purge all these of any defaults
> that are set for (at least) these eight container types: Page Layouts
> (Body, Master and Reference) , Paragraph Formats , Character Formats ,
> Table Formats , Object Styles , Color Definitions , User Variable
> Definitions , Cross-ref Formats

Ah, I was just about there, but had missed the Object Styles. (Well, I don't
have any, but I didn't even remember to look.)

An oddity I found that might help someone else: to get to the custom
"Running H/F <n>" variables, you have to be viewing the master pages.

I also found (by saving as MIF and opening the MIF in a text editor) that
there were entities for the PDF Job Options and for  several <BookComponent>
elements (a LOR, a lingering alphabetical list of the paragraphs that I'd
deleted via FrameMaker's GUI, a TOC). So I deleted them from the MIF and, in
FrameMaker, saved the MIF as the "template_empty" FM file to use as the
basis for "focused templates", such as for conditions and doc titles.

Thanks for confirming the list of objects to "clean",
-Monique