[Framers] FrameMaker 7.2 Not Responding on New PC

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 12:59:49 PST 2016

At risk of getting flamed left, right and center, and with due respect for Art, I'd just point out that FrameMaker 7 for Mac still runs like a train on my 2003 MDD Mac dual PowerPC under Classic (the OS 9 emulator). I've long since upgraded, but certainly not because of FrameMaker. I've done macho (for me) things on it, including home-brewed structured docs.

You could probably pick up both FrameMaker 7 for Mac and a serviceable PowerPC machine (OS no later than Tiger, OS X 10.4) for peanuts on eBay.

--
Steve [sorry everyone...]