[Framers] Question regarding hyphenation of Swedish text

Björn Mattsson bjorn_m at bredband.net
Wed Mar 2 13:07:36 PST 2016

Hi.

In the hope that someone on this international list has experience of
working with Swedish texts (or languages with similar peculiarities) I would
like to ask if there is any way to influence the way certain words are
hyphenated.

In Swedish some compound words, for example dammoln (dust cloud) made upp of
the words "damm" and "moln", has one character (in this case "m") removed to
avoid three of the same consonant in a row. When these words are hyphenated
the missing character should be reinserted, i.e. "damm-moln".

In Framemaker 7.2 this worked but in Framemaker 11 it does not. Is there a
setting somewhere that I can modify, or is this controlled by some set of
built in language specific hyphenation rules?

Thanks in advance,
Björn

---
Detta e-postmeddelande har sökts igenom efter virus med antivirusprogram från Avast.