[Framers] Running H/F variable challenge

Pat Christenson Pat.Christenson at morningstar.com
Wed Mar 16 13:22:54 PDT 2016

I need a Running H/F variable to work as follows:

If there's a Heading2, pull the text (such as Overview). If there's an exercise head, pull the exercise number and the text. Heading2 paras don't have an autonumber. Exercises number like this: Exercise\ <n+>: (with a space after the colon)

So the Running H/F variable should read either Overview or Exercise 2: Create a data point

I've defined the variable as <$paranum[Exercise,Heading2><$paratext[Exercise,Heading2]>

It works perfectly except for one thing. I can't get the space after the colon in the autonumber to appear in the header. Instead, it looks like this:
Exercise 2:Create a data point

I've tried using a non-breaking space after the colon in the autonumber but that doesn't work either.

Help is appreciated.

Pat Christenson
Senior Technical Writer, Client Education
Morningstar, Inc.
pat.christenson at morningstar.com