[Framers] FW: Negative Spread/Run-In Paragraph Problem in FrameMaker 2015

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Fri Mar 25 10:00:43 PDT 2016

Hi Lin,

with these fonts you would have to set or construct all bulleted numbers
manually.
This would be ok for a few callouts.

In this case though, the FM automatic numbering feature for paragraphs
produces numbers that cannot be mapped to the correct glyphs.

At least, if you want to use higher two-digit numbers up to 99:
-- The numeric sequence "n+" would only work up to "9".
-- An alphabetic sequence "a+" would allow to map glyphs from a-z, i.e.
no more than 26 numbers.
-- The roman numbering "r+" would not work at all.
-- Newer FM versions like FM 12 have Japanese numberings; "hira iroha+"
produces 47 differents characters which might be mapped (of course, the
bullet font would have to be adjusted exactly to this mapping).

Best regards -- Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Lin Sims: