[Framers] Taking and inserting screen captures in FrameMaker2015

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 31 08:25:50 PDT 2016

>RE: one huge disadvantage - Starting with SnagIt 10, the removed the
>capability to preset the resolution at which you
capture images. There's a thread about it here:
https://feedback.techsmith.com/techsmith/topics/restore_the_global_image_resolution_preference_setting

Actually, the setting *is* in SnagIt 10, but apparently not in SnagIt 11. (I
didn't know this because I'm still using SnagIt 10, and now know I won't
want to upgrade!)

Reading further in the techsmith thread, there is a workaround. It seems
that you can install an older version (by retrieving it form the techsmith
if you don't still have the install file), use SnagIt 10 to create a profile
with the 300 dpi (or whatever setting you need), and then use that profile
with your newer SnagIt. Of course why you'd want to use the newer one is up
for debate...

And reading really far into the thread, it turns out that there's a registry
setting that you can use to control this, at least in SnagIt 11. (Look for
the post from "Parrain", from "2 years ago". And "Garth Jones" pointed to a
way to get 300 dpi with SnagIt 12. (SnagIt 12 seems to be needed for Windows
10, for some users?)

-Monique