[Framers] extendscript examples for structured FrameMaker

Fred Wersan fwersan at mak.com
Tue May 3 12:52:35 PDT 2016

Does anyone have examples of using extendscript with structured
FrameMaker that they wouldn't mind sharing? I've got the examples that
Russ Ward has made available and also the examples that came along with
the various webinars on the Adobe site, but they are pretty limited in
scope. Most of what is out there is for unstructured Frame. The
FrameMaker doc doesn't have any examples worth talking about and I
haven't been able to find any third party extendscript doc. I've figured
out how to get and set attributes and how to insert an element, but
that's about it so far.

I learned Framescript by looking at examples, reading Rick Quatro's
book, and getting help from the framescript email group. Extendscript
doesn't seem to have the same level of resources and community support.

I don't have any particular projects in mind. Just want to be able to
figure out basic editing and element manipulation functions.

Thanks.

Fred
--

*Fred Wersan* | Principal Technical Writer
*VT MÄK* | 150 Cambridge Park Drive, Third Floor, Cambridge, MA 02140