[Framers] Searching for content in FrameMaker files

Mike Wickham mewickham at cox.net
Tue May 10 07:51:52 PDT 2016

I'm not sure if you've tried this, or if it will work, but in the search
indexing options, there is an Advanced button that opens Advanced
Options. On the File Types tab in that window is a section, "How should
this file be indexed?" Options are "Index Properties Only" and "Index
Properties and File Contents." Perhaps you need to change that setting
for the .fm file type? I notice that my .fm extension was set to "File
Properties filter." When I changed it to also index content, the file
type now shows "Plain Text Filter" next to it. I didn't test whether or
not it changed the indexing.

Mike Wickham