[Framers] Conditional Expression build crashing FrameMaker with Internal Errors

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:21:21 PDT 2016

Yours is a more elegant solution. As I said before, this is my first
go-around with Conditional expressions. It didn't help at all that the
standard I was told to apply here was to tag text with the condition for
the book I want to produce. That produced some odd results I can no longer
recall (mostly because I had text tagged for both Internal and Cust01).

What I wound up with, in variations, is as follows:

For a book where I want IP A and Cust01, but not IP B or Internal, I used:

"IP A" or "Cust01" and not ("IP B" or ("IP A" and "Internal"))

It works.

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com>
wrote:

> ("A" or "External" or ("A" and "External")) could be simplified to
>
> ("A" or "External")
>
> not (("A" and "Internal") or "B" or ("B" and "External") or "TBP or
> "WriterNote")
>
> could be simplified to
>
> not ("A" and "Internal") or "B"  or "TBP or "WriterNote")
>
> But it's not clear why you can't just use
>
> not ("Internal" or "B"  or "TBP or "WriterNote")

Lin Sims