[Framers] Conditional Expression build crashing FrameMaker with Internal Errors

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue May 10 14:02:45 PDT 2016

Generally speaking, when defining a set of conditions, you want to (1)
minimize the amount of text that has to be tagged, (2) minimize
multiple tagging, (3) maximize unconditional text, and (4) define the
minimum number of conditions to achieve that.

Sometimes that means defining conditions for text to be included,
other times it means defining conditions for text to be excluded. Best
practice, those should be named so as to indicate their function, for
example IncludeInFoo, OnlyInFoo, and ExcludeFromFoo.

I'm not sure why an Internal tag would ever be combined with any other
tag. External should be unnecessary since it means the same thing as
the absence of the Internal tag.