[Framers] Rick's Ride and Suggestions for Plugin

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Wed May 18 06:46:24 PDT 2016

   OK, I thought of another one after I posted:

   * FrameInside/FrameOutside (or FrameLeft/FrameRight, if other settings
   switch inside/outside to left/right) - Similar to
   FrameAbove/FrameBelow, this would basically be a way to define in a
   Paragraph Style that a reference-page graphic is to float out of the
   text frame to the inside/outside (left/right) of the paragraph to which
   the style is applied.

   I could have used such functionality SO MANY TIMES with various
   admonishment styles (e.g., caution) or form-creation tricks (e.g., Done
   checkboxes nextt to major steps in a procedure).

   Yes, one can hand-place an anchored frame each time to do that, but
   it's annoyingly manual.

   Yes, one can do a monochrome 'bullet' of some type (ding) with
   auto-numbering tricks.

   But if you want a multicolor graphic every time, floating automatically
   to the appropriate side, without hand-placing them each para... no
   option (of which I'm aware).

   Not sure if that's "scriptable," per se. Perhaps as a "burst" of
   automatically inserted, anchor-framed graphics prior to publish...?

   Again: Awesome way to volunteer!

   David