[Framers] Who's in charge?

Roger Shuttleworth shuttie27 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:40:43 PST 2016

Agreed. I never - ever - use the formatting bar. If you do use it you
create what is known as an "override", i.e. you have altered one or more
of the characteristics of the text vis-a-vis its paragraph format. That
is a Bad Thing.

Some basic rules:

1. Create a paragraph format or a character format for *every* type of
text appearance that will exist in your document. If some of your text
within a paragraph will be blue, create a Blue character format. If
whole paragraphs will be blue, create a Blue para format (you define the
colour on the Font tab of the Para Designer).

2. Apply the para/character formats assiduously within your text.

3. Never use the formatting bar (I mentioned that already).

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask loads more questions, off-list if you
prefer.

Roger