[Framers] How to save .tmp file when saving XML

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Oct 19 11:41:12 PDT 2016

Hello Framers,

I am trying to create a structured application for saving documents to XML.
My initial save is giving me a parser error:

XML Parser Messages (Document Prolog)

Error at file Z:\temp\FMT9BE7.tmp, line 247, char 50, Message: Expected
asterisk

Error at line 247, char 50, Message: Unterminated element declaration 'Www'

Parse error at line 247, char 48: Syntax error

Parsing aborted.

The problem is that the .tmp file is not saved so I can't examine the
line/column number indicated to see what is causing the parser error. There
is supposed to be a maker.ini key that specifies to save the temporary file,
but it doesn't work. I am using FrameMaker 2015. Any advice would be
appreciated.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.