[Framers] Having the next file start mid-page

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 20 12:41:44 PDT 2016

> Has anyone come up with the technique of having a file start immediately
> after the previous file, on the same page?

I take it that text insets don't work for some reason?

This seems similar to a question I posted about a month ago, "concatenate a
book folder's files without pagination ?", and also similar to Nancy
Allison's question earlier today, "Print .fms continuously on page?" Or is
there a subtlety I'm missing?

To my last month's query, Rick Quatro replied offlist offering his help, but
I never followed up :-(. (My question was because I was playing around with
various FrameMaker features as part of preparing for that "structured best
practices for unstructured tools" presentation, and so I didn't actually
have to solve the problem. But I do plan to get back to it, if I continue
working in FrameMaker for the doc set in question. Tools might be changing,
so it's not worth investing in improvements to the docs/files/structure just
yet.)

-Monique