[Framers] Does FrameMaker Have Something Similar to Word's Embedded Files?

Stefan Gentz gentz at adobe.com
Tue Apr 25 07:33:09 PDT 2017

Hi Sandra,

You might want to test this:

Create a FrameMaker document, place the insertion mark to where you want the text file to appear.
Now go to > File > Import > Object. In the "Insert Object" dialog, select "Create from File" and click "Browse..." to select your text file.
Activate the "Link" textbox, if you want to insert the object as a link instead of embedding it. Otherwise leave it unchecked (will embed the text file).

Once inserted, you can double click on it and it will open the application associated with your object (in your case the application that is associated with txt files, which is usalle Windows Notepad).

Regards,
Stefan Gentz
Adobe Worldwide TechComm Evangelist