[Framers] Why do my ohm symbols keep turning into capital O?

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 09:54:12 PDT 2017

Craig,

The substitution is always a possibility, although why it would make a
substitution when the font is installed is beyond me.

I've just reinstalled it, on the theory that Windoze iz weird.

By turning into, I meant that I type the ohm symbol by using the ASCII code
(Alt+234) for it, and it displays as an ohm symbol.

At some point afterwards, I reopen the file and discover it is no longer
displaying as an ohm symbol, it is a capital O, and it copies and pastes
into other programs as an O. Haven't tried applying a character tag to it,
but if it happens again I may try the Symbol font. Although seriously, if
it's Unicode it shouldn't be an issue. That's why we USE a Unicode font.
<grumble>