[Framers] Embedding attachments in FM that remain attachments when PDF'd

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 06:33:47 PDT 2017

At 09:01 -0700 1/8/17, Monique Semp wrote:

>What about just including an appropriate icon as an image (so the Excel worksheet symbol, for example), and hyperlinking it to the external file in the same way one would add a URL?

I vaguely remember having done this in the past when I wanted to emulate a web page in FrameMaker. From memory, using anchored frames I overlaid the icon graphic with a transparent area of the same size and hyperlinked the remote file to the transparent area.

If this doesn't make sense, John, I'll dig out some files and try to do a forensic drains-up on them.

--
Steve