[Framers] Embedding attachments in FM that remain attachments when PDF'd

John Posada jposada99 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 07:29:03 PDT 2017

Hi, Steve...and everyone.

I have no issues with the process of placing the attachment somewhere (in
our case, Share Point) and linking to it with a URL...I do hundreds of
these to files on SP and my issue isn't wanting to click an icon rather
than a link.

In this case, I didn't want to do a link of any type because where these
types of files are kept is in a secure location and people won't get in,
though these particular files are not restricted access due to governance
approval. I wanted them carried along in and with the PDF to not worry
about access permissions.

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Steve Rickaby <
srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> At 09:01 -0700 1/8/17, Monique Semp wrote:
>
> >What about just including an appropriate icon as an image (so the Excel
> worksheet symbol, for example), and hyperlinking it to the external file in
> the same way one would add a URL?
>
> I vaguely remember having done this in the past when I wanted to emulate a
> web page in FrameMaker. From memory, using anchored frames I overlaid the
> icon graphic with a transparent area of the same size and hyperlinked the
> remote file to the transparent area.
>
> If this doesn't make sense, John, I'll dig out some files and try to do a
> forensic drains-up on them.
>
> --
> Steve
> listinfo.cgi/framers-frameusers.com