[Framers] Size of imported SVG files

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 07:55:39 PDT 2017

Hi group

I've got 2 SVG images which have the following size in Inkscape:

Image 1, the "large image:
width: 448 mm
height: 316 mm

Image 2, the same large image which I scaled in Insckape to the following
size:
width: 166
height: 153

When I put this image in a DITA topic and generate a FrameMaker file from
my ditamap (using DITA-FMx), I see that the size of the images becomes as
follows:

Image 1 (large size):
width: 280 mm
height: 198 mm
dpi: 72
*scaling: 50%*

Image 2:
width: 207.496 mm
height: 191.763 mm
dpi: 72
scaling: 100%

In DITA, I haven't used any scaling attributes (@scale, @scalefit,
@outputclass...).

When I *import *these graphics into a new FrameMaker file, the size is as
follows

Image 1 (large size):
width: 560.0mm
height: 396,001 mm
dpi: 72
*scaling: 100%*

Image 2:
width: 207,496  mm
height: 191,763 mm
dpi: 72
scaling: 100%

When I import the graphics at 90 dpi, they have approximately the same size
as their original size in Inkscape.

Does anyone have any idea why the large image is scaled 50% in the
FrameMaker file generated from the DITA topic?

Also, I see that, DIP is greyed out in the Object Properties dialog, so
there seems to be no way to change the DPI setting afterwards (using a
script, for example)?

I'm using FrameMaker 2017 with DITA-FMx 2.0.

Thanks

Yves