[Framers] Keystroke for editing variables?

Mary Sheahan mhs_tw at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 10:18:32 PDT 2017

I've just come back to FM after a long time working in InDesign, and beyond that it's my first experience in FM17.  There are LOTS of variables in this document, and my wrists would love less mouse-work.
I know the keystrokes to bring up the variables pod. Once that's up, is there a keystroke combo for editing the selected custom variable?  At the moment, I'm either using the mouse or tabbing through the pod's icons.
As far as I can find, the FM17 help file instructions for editing user&system variables only references the mouse interface.  And its keyboard shortcuts chart gives a shortcut for inserting a variable but not for editing one.

Thanks all,
MaryHS