[Framers] Keystroke for editing variables?

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Mon Aug 28 12:30:09 PDT 2017

One trick I've used (in Olden Days) is to make a "Variables Management" FM 'template file' that has all of my variables defined and shown on a table in the first body page. (Nothing else about the template matters.)

Then, IIRC, one can use keyboard combos (Esc s v; then Alt+E, maybe?) that let you changes its definition when you have it highlighted. Worth trying, I reckon. Worst case scenario, you're double-clicking in body pages rather than multiply clicking in a pod, and you've got a one-stop shop for checking variable definitions at a glance (and/or for having multiple variable sets that you can apply to a reusable document set: make more than one Variable Management template file).

HTH;
David

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [Framers] Keystroke for editing variables?